- Book Now
- Example Itinerary
- Included / Not Included
- Equipment Required
- Availability & Prices
- << Back to Ski Touring
Ski touring in the Dolomites
Enter your start date, end date and number of people and we will check availability and prices for you. The recommended duration for this activity is 1 day. However, you can book as many days as suits your requirements. If your group size is more than 5 please contact us for a bespoke quote. Special prices for families and children: please contact us.
- Pisgana: one of the best ski touring trips in the Alps
- Fun and friendly approach
- A selection of over 20 tours within a 45 minute drive
- No crowds, lots of fresh snow
Location : Ponte di Legno
Ratio : 1:5
Available during : Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr
The area arround the Ponte di Legno - Passo Tonale ski resort has lots of fantastc ski touring trips. Ranging from 500m trips for beginners, to 2000m plus trips for the hard core ski touring fanatics. Some are up and down from the car park, others are lift assisted like the following two trips.
What can be said about two of the most famous ski touring trips in the Alps? Pisganino: a mere 400m ascent and more than 2500m descent. And his big brother Pisgana, 650m ascent, 2750m descent, 12km all the way to Ponte di Legno.
The descent on the Pisgana glacier can be accessed from various points: for day trips we use the one with the shortest climb, from Passo Pisgana. Apart from having to ascend less, this route also enables a descent from Pisganino if snow and/or weather conditions are poor.
The other popular access routes for Pisgana are either from Passo Valletta and Passo Venezia, ideal if you spend the night at Rifugio Lobbia Alta.
It is for you and your guide to decide the exact makeup of your booking however, these itinerary days shown below are an example of how a booking for this activity could be structured.
From Passo Tonale we take the lifts to Passo Presena (2950m). From here we ski down on the South side towards Rifugio Mandrone (2500m). With skins under our skis or snowshoes for boarders, we walk up to Passo Pisgana (2933m). From here one can decide if to descend on the Pisganino itinerary or if to ascend 250m more to access the Pisgana descent.
- Services of IFMGA Mountain Guide
- Liability insurance
- All food and drinks for clients and guides
- Travel, accident and cancellation insurance for clients
- Hut costs for clients and Guides
- Guides travel expences
- Cable cars and ski lifts for clients and guides
- Accommodation (more info)
- Transfers (more info)
- Ski touring equipment (more info)
What's Not Included
You are a confident off-piste skier, used to ski on black runs and on all types of snow. You should be in good physical shape and be able to ski tour up hill for 2-3 hours at altitude.
- Technical equipment (these items can be rented): ski touring skis, ski touring boots, climbing skins, ski crampons, poles, avalanche transceiver, shovel, probe.
- Personal equipment: 30 litre backpack, 1 litre thermos, provisions for during the day (energy bars, chocolate, dried fruit, sandwiches), first aid kit, sun glasses (protection factor 3 or 4), goggles, gore-tex jacket and overpants, windstopper vest, ski touring pants, fleece jacket, breathable base layers, lightweight gloves, thick gloves or mittens, wool hat, bandana, sun screen factor 50.
Availability & Prices
This activity is available to be booked for any date/dates within the availablity periods shown below. Because we tailor your booking to suit your exact requirements you can book this activity for as many days as you like. The recommended duration for this activity is 1 day. If your group size is more than 5 please contact us for a bespoke quote. Special prices for families and children: please contact us.
|Availability period||from : 01/01/2024||to : 30/04/2024|
|Number of people||Price (€)|
|1 Pax||€350.00 per person per day|
|2 Pax||€175.00 per person per day|
|3 Pax||€133.33 per person per day|
|4 Pax||€112.50 per person per day|
|5 Pax||€100.00 per person per day|
Ski touring in the Dolomites Reviews
You made the day a fun memory
"I hope you're fine. In Sweden the spring is here and the skis are put in storehouse I hope you've got more snow and that your season will continue for some more weeks. A month has passed since our, me and Joakims, adventure with you the 16th February. Even though we had little sight most of the day I enjoyed it very much. I have long wanted to try and dared at last:) You made the day a fun memory and I will definitely go more off-piste with guide in the future. I made it! Proud of myself. "